Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Summer of 2015- My last summer with my Daddy. It was a great one. :)

I'm missing my summer of 2015 in California when my dad was alive. I got to work with him each morning and I loved it, so I thought I'd write some of my thoughts in this blog that I started many years ago. :)
I will always treasure the summer of 2015! It's so special to see exactly what your father stood for by being with him in his everyday work environment for a summer: my dad's actions and words spoke clearly to me.
Here are some things I learned about my dad (in no particular order) that I want to implement better in my life and prepare for in my future life:
-He loved his spouse (my mom) more than anything. He told her and showed her.
-He loved his children (my brothers, including their wives and children, and me). We didn't doubt that we were his and my mom's top priority.
-He loved the Book of Mormon (another testament of Jesus Christ) and connected everything in life to it which continues to bless our family's life tremendously as we individually read that great book every day.
-He loved the temple. Working in the San Diego Temple was one of his favorite times in life and he always encouraged our family to attend the temple as much as possible.
-He loved his country and defended its freedoms. Being a good citizen was important to him.
-He loved his Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. He was never 24 hours away from speaking to Heavenly Father (through prayer) and reading about Jesus Christ (in the Book of Mormon every day, but also the Old Testament, the New Testament, etc).
-He loved people and genuinely cared about the well-being of those he came into contact with.
-He loved hard work. He was a big proponent of hard work and its benefits in life.
He was the humblest, most hardworking, and most spiritual person I've ever known. He inspires me to be a better person.
I know where he is and who he's with. I want to see him, Heavenly Father, and Jesus Christ again. I have a lot of work to do and faith to build. Time to get to work. :)


Here's some pics from that wonderful summer. My brother, Hunter, worked with us before he had to go back to Utah for work and my sister-in-law, Alana, just decided to work with us one day to see what Dad and I did at work! These were some great times. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment