Wednesday, July 26, 2017

San Marcos- My Home :)

This last weekend from Friday, July 21st to Monday, July 24th, I got to go home and get endowed in the San Diego Temple (July 22). It felt like the right time and it was wonderful! A few friends drove down with me and attended my endowment. These are some of the best friends a girl could ask for. The things they've done for me have literally brought me to tears. I love them. :) I'm so grateful I have them in my life! There were also some local friends and Utah friends, that happened to be in SD, who also came and it made me so happy to see them. Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture with all of them but I still love them! :)




Also, I am so blessed to have such a supportive, loving family. It was so great seeing my mom and 4 of the 6 of my brothers and their wives and children. One of my brothers even used his credit card points to fly in and be there for my endowment. That meant so much to me. :) I really love my family and it was such a wonderful experience being in the temple with most of them. I felt so close to my father who passed away last year. Families can truly be together forever through temple work!



Also also, it was so great being in my hometown of San Marcos! I loved getting to show my friends where I went to high school, middle school, elementary school, where my favorite restaurants are, where my church home ward is, etc. And the beach was absolutely perfect. There wasn't a cloud in the sky and the water felt amazing. I realize that San Marcos still owns a huge part of my heart. I just can't get over the weather, the wonderful people, the restaurants, the nearby beaches... I love it all! 


And more than anything, I love my family and the home we grew up in. The home that my father and mother remodeled and had us children help bash in walls and clean out rubble to help remodel. The home where hilarious, loving, spiritual, emotional memories abound. The home where I feel so clean, comfortable, and loved. I want my future family home to feel that way for everyone who enters it. Just like how part of our Moore Family Mission Statement says, I want to make my "house a clean, comfortable, and heavenly place for all who enter it." My mom still makes my childhood home feel that way. She is an amazing example to me. So is my daddy. 



Overall, it was such a great weekend and I feel so blessed to have such wonderful friends and family in my life. I am eternally grateful for temples here on the Earth and the amazing ordinances performed in them. I can't wait to go to the temples here in Utah now! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment